9.7.12

weekend in pictures






We spent the weekend in Broadstairs looking after Otis, pictured here with his sad look. The illustrations are from one of my sister's vintage books, a lovely but battered edition of A Child's Garden of Verses by Robert Lewis Stevenson, with appropriate illustrations by Alice and Martin Provensen. So lovely that I found one on Abebooks and ordered it for myself (at a bargain price, the other editions on the site must be in tip top condition as they are hugely expensive). I visited a rain-lashed boot fair on Sunday. Not much to be found apart from this Briglin daisy pattern pottery bowl and a set of six whale shaped teak placemats (the sort of slightly mad thing only ever found at a boot fair) which I was going to buy but forgot. I wish I had snapped them up as I am pretty sure that whales are set to be the new owls, everybody loves a whale.

4 comments:

  1. Love a whale. Your pot looks to be a great find too. Otis looks pretty cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the illustrations in that book :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful illustrations and colours in the book...love otis' sad face, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dog really made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails