30.5.12

weeds

this flower is amazing!







It was all about wild flowers at last weeks Chelsea Flower Show, weeds to you and me which makes our garden bang on trend with not a great deal of effort. I would say that I am very much an accidental gardener and our little square is rampaging with comfrey, herb robert, fennel, mint, oxeye daises, figwort, foxgloves and iris, most found there own way here and spread themselves around at the expense of any new plants I introduce so I don't bother anymore. Our allotment is less successful, I have to say we are rather half hearted vegetable growers and we were shamed into giving half the plot back this year and so with less space to tame we have no excuse. However, at the moment it's a rather nice place to drink tea from a flask, eat cake and grow tasty snacks for the local wild life, must try harder..

1 comment:

  1. Your garden looks beautiful - full of flowers I love x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails