9.5.12

for arts sake













I went to see the Damien Hirst exhibition at Tate Modern. I have always felt that DH was a bit of a fraudster but I have to say I thought the exhibition was quite amazing. Seeing this amount of his work in one place was pretty impressive. I was shocked, amused, disgusted, fascinated, charmed, the lot - don't miss it.

When I visit Tate Modern, I always go across the road to Marcus Campbell art bookshop. Second hand art books ancient and modern, and a huge and varied range of old exhibition catalogues at just one or two pounds each, always worth browsing through. You can scatter them around at home and make like you are really well travelled and clued up on the international art world!

The rhino is a particular favourite, all in French so not sure what it is all about but I love the illustrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails