31.3.11

rail journey

I travelled to another interview with my son yesterday which involved an epic five hour each way train journey to the deepest south west. I saw lots of England's back gardens, allotments, and sheep and was very glad to get home! On the theme of trains, these are a couple of my rail related books. I found the King Penguin in a charity shop in Rochester last week, and the Little Red Engine books are childhood classics, written by Diana Ross (not of the Supremes!) and this one with beautiful illustrations by Lewit-Him. I love the little engine steaming home through the townscape, brilliant textures and colours.

2 comments:

  1. I have another version of The Little Red Engine that also has lovely artwork-illustrated by Leslie Wood in 1945. Mine is a recent publication unfortunately! I am going to have to track this one down now as i love that image with the rows of houses! x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails